Connect with us

Published

on

An Australian photographer claims he was punched by Taylor Swift’s dad in Sydney following the singer’s concert.

Ben McDonald said he told police the incident happened at Neutral Bay Wharf, where Swift and her dad had just come ashore from a yacht hours after the singer’s final show in the city.

While officers did not release names, police said they are investigating an alleged assault by a 71-year-old man on a 51-year-old man at 2.30am local time.

Swift’s representatives have not responded to a request for comment, but a spokesperson told Rolling Stone magazine two people were “aggressively pushing” to get to Swift.

They added that the people grabbed security and threatened a member of the singer’s staff.

Mr McDonald said media had been waiting to picture the star as she walked towards two cars.

“There were about four or five security there and at one point, one of the American security started shoving his umbrella into me and my camera and then Taylor got in her car,” he said.

“Someone else came running at me and punched me in the left side of my face.

“Initially, I thought it was an Australian security that was trying to be the hero of the moment in the front of the Americans, but as it turned out it was her father.”

Mr McDonald said he recognised Swift’s father, Scott Swift, from a picture online – adding that he doesn’t have any bruising and didn’t need any treatment.

Read more:
Swift donates $100,000 to family of woman killed in Super Bowl celebrations
Singapore ‘done deal so Swift can’t perform in other countries in southeast Asia’

“In 23 years, I haven’t been assaulted and punched in the chops, particularly by the talent’s dad,” he said.

“We didn’t go rushing down the jetty. We didn’t go rushing to the back of the boat. We waited for her to come up. Kept it very civil.

“But no, they… put the umbrellas up and umbrellas over her and then shove the umbrellas into our faces and then make out that we’re the ones making contact with them.”

Swift left the country on Tuesday after more than 600,000 fans saw her Eras Tour performance across seven concerts.

Continue Reading

Entertainment

‘This is the ride of our lives’: Ryan Reynolds and Rob McElhenney celebrate Wrexham promotion

Published

on

By

'This is the ride of our lives': Ryan Reynolds and Rob McElhenney celebrate Wrexham promotion

Ryan Reynolds said he cried “tears of joy” after Wrexham secured a second successive promotion, while Rob McElhenney said he has “no words”.

The Hollywood actors, who took over the Welsh football club in 2021, saw their team seal their place in League One next season with a thumping 6-0 win over Forest Green.

Fans poured onto the pitch to celebrate at the end of the game at the Racecourse Ground.

Wrexham were promoted to the Football League at the end of last season following a 15-year absence, with an open top bus parade which saw tens of thousands turn up to mark the achievement.

Deadpool star Reynolds, 47, wrote on X: “A few years ago, if you told me I would be crying tears of joy over a football match taking place in North Wales, you would be Rob McElhenney.

“Congrats to Wrexham and to my co-chairman in crime. Double up the town! This is the ride of our lives.”

McElhenney, 46, who co-created It’s Always Sunny In Philadelphia, said he was watching the game from Los Angeles and wrote on X: “No words.” He also posted a heart emoji.

More on Ryan Reynolds

Wrexham fans on the pitch celebrating promotion. Pic: PA
Image:
Fans poured onto the pitch to celebrate.

While watching the match he had praised striker Paul Mullin, 29, who struck twice in the first half to help Wrexham to a 4-0 half-time lead.

“This may be my favourite goal of his. Not a game winner or anything fancy. Just perseverance, hustle and grit,” he wrote.

“@PMullin7 knows the people in that stadium didn’t pay their hard-earned wage to watch guys give 95%. They deserve 100% and he gives it to them All. The. Time.”

McElhenney previously let Mullin recover at his home after he suffered an injury during a US friendly against Manchester United.

Read more from Sky News:
Sharon Osbourne hits back at Amanda Holden in row
Squatters take over Gordon Ramsey pub

Since taking over the club in February 2021, McElhenney and Reynolds, along with their popular Welcome To Wrexham docuseries, have propelled the club into the global spotlight.

In 2022, the pair were honoured by the Welsh Government, the Football Association of Wales and S4C for promoting the country and its language with the Dragon Award.

Reynolds had a meeting with Prime Minister Rishi Sunak, while the club has seen recent royal visits from the Prince of Wales and the King and Queen.

Continue Reading

Entertainment

‘It’s demeaning’: Sharon Osbourne hits back at Amanda Holden in row over Simon Cowell

Published

on

By

'It's demeaning': Sharon Osbourne hits back at Amanda Holden in row over Simon Cowell

Sharon Osbourne has hit out at Amanda Holden after the presenter appeared to call her “bitter and pathetic” over comments she made about Simon Cowell.

The 71-year-old music manager and wife of former Black Sabbath singer Ozzy Osbourne said Cowell “doesn’t know how to keep friends” in a conversation with their fellow former X Factor judge Louis Walsh when the pair appeared together on Celebrity Big Brother.

In an article in the Daily Mail, Holden, 53, who is on the judging panel of Britain’s Got Talent alongside Cowell, said: “I hated seeing certain people in a reality show dissing Simon – he’s the person who’s given them all the chances, given them a lot of money and a lifestyle they probably wouldn’t have had.

“It’s bitter and pathetic. It was like Cinderella with her two sisters in the background – just stabby, stabby, stabby.”

Simon Cowell and Amanda Holden. Pic: PA
Image:
Simon Cowell and Amanda Holden. Pic: PA

Osbourne, who has managed The Smashing Pumpkins and Motorhead, responded to the article in a lengthy post on X, writing Holden did not know her “history in the music industry, my achievements, the artists I have worked with, the shows that I’ve produced, and my global celebrity”.

She said whenever she had seen Holden on television she always thought she was “very beautiful and talented” but told her: “Never make comments about my lifestyle given to me by Simon Cowell.

“It’s demeaning to me and my husband and all the achievements I have made in my life as you’re making yourself look like an ill-informed sycophantic.”

Pic: Reuters
Image:
Ozzy and Sharon Osbourne. Pic: Reuters

Read more from Sky News:
How to earn thousands letting stars film in your house

London Marathon: Four mistakes to avoid as the big day looms

Osbourne, who starred alongside her family in the 2000s reality show The Osbournes and had her own talk show, said her brand is “known worldwide” and she has been “blessed with an amazing lifestyle throughout my entire life”, with a mansion in Beverley Hills and an English country estate.

“I never discuss money, lifestyle, or positions of power,” she said.

“I find it to be classless and crude.

“However, you’ve now forced my hand to divulge these things to you and I honestly don’t want to seem like I’m bragging, but the truth is my money and success were not due to doing a couple of Simon Cowell talent shows.

“Don’t get me wrong, I enjoyed doing them at the time as they were great fun.

“Yes, Simon paid me very well. Probably more than what you’re receiving today, but all of that my darling went on a few handbags.”

Follow Sky News on WhatsApp
Follow Sky News on WhatsApp

Keep up with all the latest news from the UK and around the world by following Sky News

Tap here

But Holden appeared to stand by her comments following Osbourne’s criticism.

A spokesperson told the Mail: “Amanda is aware of Sharon’s incredible career but, just like her, Amanda will always defend those close to her.”

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Shakira announces Las Mujeres Ya No Lloran world tour during surprise Coachella appearance

Published

on

By

Shakira announces Las Mujeres Ya No Lloran world tour during surprise Coachella appearance

Shakira has announced an upcoming world tour during a surprise performance at Coachella 2024.

The Colombian singer shocked the crowd as she rose from a platform during the set of Argentinian DJ Bizarrap to perform their new track, La Fuerte.

During the performance, the extravagant backdrop on the Sahara stage switched to say “Shakira, Las Mujeres Ya No Lloran World Tour”.

The Hips Don’t Lie star said: “Finally, we are going on tour. Starting here, this November in this city, can’t wait. Couldn’t ask for more.”

Bizarrap, left, and Shakira perform during the the first weekend of the Coachella Music and Arts Festival at the Empire Polo Club on Friday, April 12, 2024, in Indio, Calif. (Photo by Amy Harris/Invision/AP)
Image:
Shakira appeared during a set with Argentinian DJ Bizarrap. Pic: AP

Bizarrap, left, and Shakira perform during the the first weekend of the Coachella Music and Arts Festival at the Empire Polo Club on Friday, April 12, 2024, in Indio, Calif. (Photo by Amy Harris/Invision/AP)
Image:
It’s her first tour since 2018. Pic: AP

Las Mujeres Ya No Lloran, released last month, is the 12th studio album from the singer and first in seven years.

It tracks the singer’s transition from heartbreak to resurgence, and was inspired in part by her break-up with former Barcelona footballer Gerard Pique.

The 47-year-old had teased the announcement in an Instagram post a day before her appearance. Translated from Spanish it said: “The wolf is coming.”

More on Coachella

In a later post, she confirmed the world tour and was “stoked” to be “celebrating with my wolfpack”.

Shakira’s last tour was in 2018 following the release of her album El Dorado.

Read more:
Shakira brands Barbie movie as ’emasculating’
Giant Shakira statue unveiled in star’s hometown

Coachella is taking place over two weekends from 12-14 April and 19-21 April and features headline performances from Lana Del Rey, Doja Cat, Tyler, the Creator and a No Doubt reunion with Gwen Stefani.

Festivalgoers are seen during the the first weekend of the Coachella Music and Arts Festival at the Empire Polo Club on Friday, April 12, 2024, in Indio, Calif. (Photo by Amy Harris/Invision/AP)
Image:
The yearly festival takes place in the Colorado Desert. Pic: AP

Lil Uzi Vert performs during the the first weekend of the Coachella Music and Arts Festival at the Empire Polo Club on Friday, April 12, 2024, in Indio, Calif. (Photo by Amy Harris/Invision/AP)
Image:
Lil Uzi Vert was also one of the acts. Pic: AP

The renowned annual festival is held in the Colorado Desert and will also see London rock band Blur and South Korean DJ and singer Peggy Gou take to its stages.

Continue Reading

Trending