Connect with us

Published

on

The cast members of Sex And The City have reunited as production begins on the next series: And Just Like That…

The HBO Max series catches fans up on what happened to the three female leads since they were last seen in the 2010 film Sex And The City 2.

Sarah Jessica Parker, 56, returns to the screen as Carrie Bradshaw, Cynthia Nixon, 55, is back as Miranda Hobbes, and Kristin Davis, 56, will return as Charlotte York.

Kim Cattrall, who played man-eater Samantha Jones, is not in the film as it has long been reported that she and Parker no longer get along.

Bradshaw announced the film was in production with a picture of her and her co-stars on Instagram on Friday.

She wrote: “Together again. Read through our first episodes. Alongside all the fellas and our newest cast members. Like an ice cream sundae.”

She also shared pictures from the show’s table read, adding: “Nerves all a wonderful jumble.”

More from Ents & Arts

Chris Noth will reprise his role as Mr Big, while Willie Garson and Mario Cantone are also returning for the series, which consists of 10 half-hour episodes.

Sex And The City ran from 1998 to 2004.

Set in New York City, it followed the lives of its four female characters who, despite very different natures and sex lives, are best friends and confide in each other.

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Taylor Swift’s dad accused of punching photographer in face after Sydney show

Published

on

By

Taylor Swift's dad accused of punching photographer in face after Sydney show

An Australian photographer claims he was punched by Taylor Swift’s dad in Sydney following the singer’s concert.

Ben McDonald said he told police the incident happened at Neutral Bay Wharf, where Swift and her dad had just come ashore from a yacht hours after the singer’s final show in the city.

While officers did not release names, police said they are investigating an alleged assault by a 71-year-old man on a 51-year-old man at 2.30am local time.

Swift’s representatives have not responded to a request for comment, but a spokesperson told Rolling Stone magazine two people were “aggressively pushing” to get to Swift.

They added that the people grabbed security and threatened a member of the singer’s staff.

Mr McDonald said media had been waiting to picture the star as she walked towards two cars.

“There were about four or five security there and at one point, one of the American security started shoving his umbrella into me and my camera and then Taylor got in her car,” he said.

“Someone else came running at me and punched me in the left side of my face.

“Initially, I thought it was an Australian security that was trying to be the hero of the moment in the front of the Americans, but as it turned out it was her father.”

Mr McDonald said he recognised Swift’s father, Scott Swift, from a picture online – adding that he doesn’t have any bruising and didn’t need any treatment.

Read more:
Swift donates $100,000 to family of woman killed in Super Bowl celebrations
Singapore ‘done deal so Swift can’t perform in other countries in southeast Asia’

“In 23 years, I haven’t been assaulted and punched in the chops, particularly by the talent’s dad,” he said.

“We didn’t go rushing down the jetty. We didn’t go rushing to the back of the boat. We waited for her to come up. Kept it very civil.

“But no, they… put the umbrellas up and umbrellas over her and then shove the umbrellas into our faces and then make out that we’re the ones making contact with them.”

Swift left the country on Tuesday after more than 600,000 fans saw her Eras Tour performance across seven concerts.

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Matthew Perry’s X account ‘hacked by fraudsters’ urging donation to fake foundation

Published

on

By

Matthew Perry's X account 'hacked by fraudsters' urging donation to fake foundation

The X account of Matthew Perry has been targeted by hackers, according to reports.

A foundation set up in honour of the Friends star, who died last October, appeared to be the target of a link in a pinned post at the top of his profile urging people to donate.

However, the post actually linked to duplicate site.

An Instagram post from the Matthew Perry Foundation said: “We have received reports that Matthew’s official X page has been hacked and is directing users to a fraudulent site soliciting donations via cryptocurrency.

“Please do not donate to this site or share the fraudulent posts on social media.

“MatthewPerryFoundation.org is the only website associated with the Foundation, and we are only accepting donations through this site.”

A caption added: “This is the only official Matthew Perry Foundation Instagram account, and we will only ever post official Foundation communications.

More on Matthew Perry

“Please report imposter accounts, and do not submit donations through any channel other than MatthewPerryFoundation.org. #MatthewPerry.”

The post was also flagged by X’s community notes feature saying that the account had been hacked and the link was fake.

Read more:
George Clooney says Perry’s Friends role ‘didn’t bring him happiness’
Perry wanted Zac Efron to play him in biopic

Perry’s death was ruled an accident from the “acute effects of ketamine”. The actor, was found “unresponsive in the pool at his residence” on 28 October last year.

Please use Chrome browser for a more accessible video player

Remembering Matthew Perry

Most famous for playing Chandler Bing in hit US sitcom, Perry was open about his battle with addiction, setting up a sober living facility for men who were also struggling.

Following his death, the foundation was created in his name to help those struggling with addiction.

Jennifer Aniston, who played Rachel Green in Friends, was among those who urged support of the foundation.

The actor was recently honoured during the in memoriam segment at the SAG Awards, after there was controversy at the BAFTAs following his omission from their remembrance roll call.

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Producer accuses Sean ‘Diddy’ Combs of forcing him to have sex with prostitutes

Published

on

By

Producer accuses Sean 'Diddy' Combs of forcing him to have sex with prostitutes

A music producer has accused Sean ‘Diddy’ Combs of sexually assaulting him and forcing him to have sex with prostitutes.

The suit, filed in New York, accuses the music mogul of repeated instances of unwanted groping and sexual touching.

It also says the music producer was forced to work in a bathroom while Combs showered and wandered around in the nude.

Combs’ lawyer, Shawn Holley, labelled the events described in the lawsuit “pure fiction”.

“We have overwhelming, indisputable proof that his claims are complete lies,” he said.

“We will address these outlandish allegations in court and take all appropriate action against those who make them.”

In the lawsuit, the producer claims Combs made him solicit sex workers and pressured him to sleep with them.

More from Ents & Arts

It also described a time when the producer suspected he had been drugged after waking up in a bed with a pair of prostitutes.

New sexual assault claim against Gerard Depardieu

The claim is one of several sexual assault lawsuits filed against Combs in recent months, including a lawsuit from the R&B singer Cassie that was settled last year.

Another of Combs’ accusers is a woman who claims he raped her two decades ago when she was 17-years-old.

Combs has denied all the allegations.

In a statement in December, he described the claims as “sickening” and his accusers of “looking for a quick payday”.

“Let me be absolutely clear: I did not do any of the awful things being alleged. I will fight for my name, my family and for the truth,” he said.

Continue Reading

Trending