Connect with us

Published

on

close video Little to no Bud Light is being sold now after backlash: Michael Lamar

Mikes Gemini Twin Lounge owner Michael Lamar discusses how Bud Lights partnership with trans activist Dylan Mulvaney has caused sales to plummet on ‘The Bottom Line.’

Anheuser-Busch's chief executive officer is breaking his silence two weeks after Bud Light sparked significant backlash for its marketing campaign featuring transgender activist Dylan Mulvaney.

Anheuser-Busch CEO Brendan Whitworth on Friday issued a statement in response to the backlash.

"As the CEO of a company founded in America’s heartland more than 165 years ago, I am responsible for ensuring every consumer feels proud of the beer we brew. We’re honored to be part of the fabric of this country. Anheuser-Busch employs more than 18,000 people and our independent distributors employ an additional 47,000 valued colleagues. We have thousands of partners, millions of fans and a proud history supporting our communities, military, first responders, sports fans and hard-working Americans everywhere," Whitworth said. "We never intended to be part of a discussion that divides people. We are in the business of bringing people together over a beer."

FROM CIA TO BEER: BRENDAN WHITWORTH'S PATH TO CEO OF ANHEUSER-BUSCH

Cans of Budweiser and Bud Light sit on a shelf for sale at a convenience store in New York City on July 26, 2018. (Drew Angerer/Getty Images / Getty Images)

"My time serving this country taught me the importance of accountability and the values upon which America was founded: freedom, hard work and respect for one another. As CEO of Anheuser-Busch, I am focused on building and protecting our remarkable history and heritage. I care deeply about this country, this company, our brands and our partners. I spend much of my time traveling across America, listening to and learning from our customers, distributors and others. Moving forward, I will continue to work tirelessly to bring great beers to consumers across our nation," he added.

Mulvaney said on social media earlier this month that Anheuser-Busch sent a pack of Bud Light to Mulvaney with her face on it as part of an ad for the company's March Madness contest, along with celebrating her full year of "girlhood."

BUD LIGHT SUFFERS BLOODBATH AS LONGTIME AND LOYAL CONSUMERS REVOLT AGAINST TRANSGENDER CAMPAIGN

Bud Light has faced intense backlash from longtime customers over a recent ad campaign with transgender activist Dylan Mulvaney. (Instagram/Fox News / Fox News)

Dylan Mulvaney attends her Day 365 Live! at the Rainbow Room in New York City on March 13, 2023. (Roy Rochlin/Getty Images / Getty Images)

In an Instagram post, Mulvaney said that the cans were her "most prized possession," along with a video drinking a Bud Light as part of the campaign.

Previously, the company said in a statement to Fox News that it occasionally creates commemorative gift cans to celebrate personal milestones and works with many influencers.

"Anheuser-Busch works with hundreds of influencers across our brands as one of many ways to authentically connect with audiences across various demographics. From time to time we produce unique commemorative cans for fans and for brand influencers, like Dylan Mulvaney. This commemorative can was a gift to celebrate a personal milestone and is not for sale to the general public," an Anheuser-Busch spokesperson said.

CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX BUSINESS APP

The Bud Light knight is seen interacting with fans in the stands during an NFL game between the Minnesota Vikings and the Detroit Lions at Ford Field in Detroit on Oct. 20, 2019. (Scott W. Grau/Icon Sportswire via Getty Images / Getty Images)

Anheuser-Busch has also suffered a financial hit during the controversy. 

Jeff Fitter, owner of Case & Bucks, a restaurant and sports bar in Barnhart, Missouri, told FOX Business earlier in the week that sales of Anheuser-Busch bottled products have dropped 30% in the past week and draft beer dropped 50%. 

FOX Business' Brian Flood and Kerry Byrne contributed to this report.

Continue Reading

Sports

Oilers keep pace for home ice, but lose Draisaitl

Published

on

By

Oilers keep pace for home ice, but lose Draisaitl

SAN JOSE, Calif. — NHL leading goal scorer Leon Draisaitl left the Edmonton Oilers‘ game against the San Jose Sharks on Thursday night in the second period because of an undisclosed injury and didn’t return.

Draisaitl appeared to be injured midway through the second period and skated gingerly to the bench before leaving for the dressing room. Coach Kris Knoblauch said after the game that he had no update on the severity of the injury.

Jeff Skinner scored the tiebreaking goal shortly after Draisaitl left the game, giving the Oilers a 3-2 victory that kept them within two points of the Los Angeles Kings in the race for second place in the Pacific Division and home-ice advantage in the first round of the playoffs.

“Obviously we’ve had some injuries to key guys,” Skinner said. “It’s a lot of opportunity for other guys to step up and I think guys have done a good job so far. We’re going to have to continue that and keep working together to get the results we want.”

Draisaitl had an assist earlier in the second period. He leads the NHL with 52 goals and is third in the league with 106 points.

Draisaitl sat out four games last month because of an undisclosed injury.

The Oilers are already without star center Connor McDavid, who has been sidelined since colliding with Winnipeg’s Josh Morrissey on March 20. McDavid has resumed skating with the team in a noncontact jersey but there is no timetable for his return.

The playoffs begin in just over two weeks.

“You never want to miss those guys,” Knoblauch said. “You never want your top players not to play because every time they’re not in, it decreases your chances of winning because they are good players, obviously. But what happens is other guys have some opportunities to play, get some confidence, hopefully score some goals, because we’re going to need them.”

Continue Reading

Sports

Makar 9th NHL blueliner with 30 goals in season

Published

on

By

Makar 9th NHL blueliner with 30 goals in season

COLUMBUS, Ohio — Avalanche star Cale Makar scored against the Columbus Blue Jackets on Thursday night to become the ninth defenseman in the NHL, and the first with Colorado, to score 30 goals in a season.

The sixth-year player is the NHL’s first defenseman to reach the 30-goal mark since Mike Green of the Washington Capitals had 31 in 2008-09.

Makar put the Avalanche up 5-2 by scoring a power-play goal with 38 seconds left in the second period. He was set up in the left circle for a one-timer by a pass from Nathan MacKinnon. He also had two assists as the Avalanche won, 7-3, to clinch their eighth consecutive playoff appearance.

Overall, NHL blue liners have now combined to reach 30 goals 18 times, led by Bobby Orr, who had five 30-goal seasons. Paul Coffey (four) and Denis Potvin (three) are the only others to have had multiple 30-goal seasons. The list is rounded out by Ray Bourque, Kevin Hatcher, Phil Housley and Doug Wilson.

With the goal and two assists, the 26-year-old Makar also increased his point total to 90, matching the franchise record for defenseman he set last season. In doing so, he became the NHL’s fifth defenseman to produce consecutive 90-point seasons, and first since Coffey (1988-89 to 1990-91) and Al MacInnis (1989-90 to 1990-91).

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

Continue Reading

Sports

Blues’ Holloway exits with lower-body injury

Published

on

By

Blues' Holloway exits with lower-body injury

ST. LOUIS — St. Louis forward Dylan Holloway left the Blues’ 5-4 overtime victory over the Pittsburgh Penguins in the first period Thursday night because of a lower-body injury.

Blues coach Jim Montgomery had no additional information on the injury after the game.

“We’ll have more, I’m sure, tomorrow,” Montgomery said.

The team announced the injury during the first intermission and said he would not return to the game. It was not clear when Holloway was injured.

Holloway had eight shifts in the first period.

Holloway has been a driving force in the Blues’ 11-game winning streak, which ties a franchise record. He has 26 goals and 37 assists in 77 games this season.

“Obviously, that’s an elite player for us, someone who plays in all situations, and, you know, a really important piece to our team,” forward Jake Neighbours said. “We had to focus on the task at hand. … it sucked losing Dylan, and just hope he’s OK.”

Continue Reading

Trending