At least nine British nationals have been killed and seven are missing since Hamas’s attack on Israel.
Among the dead are a teenager, a soldier, people visiting Israel on holiday and a music festival security guard.
This is what we know so far about those confirmed dead.
Lianne and Yahel Sharabi
Image: Yahel (L) pictured with her mother Lianne and sister Noiya
Yahel, 13, disappeared from Be’eri kibbutz after it was raided. She was confirmed to be dead on 17 October.
Her mother, Lianne Sharabi, was killed in the attack on the kibbutz.
Yahel’s sister Noiya Sharabi, 16, and their father Eli Sharabi were also kidnapped and are still missing.
In a statement to the BBC, British relatives called Lianne the “light of our family’s life”.
“She had a wonderful, caring nature. She would help anyone in trouble – be it physical, emotional or financial, she would be there for them. She was funny, with a dry sense of humour,” they said.
They described Yahel as “a bundle of energy” who loved “riding her bike at breakneck speed around the kibbutz, playing football, singing and dancing to TikTok and YouTube with sister, Noiya, and, on occasions her British cousins”.
“We will never know what she could have become – a vet, an entertainer, a naturalist, maybe even the first Israeli woman in space.
“All we know is that there is a Yahel-shaped hole in our lives that can never be filled,” they said.
Danny Darlington
Image: Danny Darlington
Photographer Danny Darlington was meant to leave for Tel Aviv the night before the attack “but decided to stay one more day to explore the kibbutz with his friend”, his sister Shelley Darlington wrote on Instagram.
It was “a decision that has irrevocably changed all our lives forever, and one that cost him his life”, she said.
She paid tribute to her “baby brother, Dan” who she said was “was murdered by terrorists on Saturday morning on our kibbutz, Nir Oz, alongside his beautiful friend Carolin”.
“Only days before he was riding his bike, laughing, taking photos of sunsets and enjoying life’s simple pleasures in our beautiful kibbutz,” she said.
“Our community has been destroyed… I am broken.”
Mr Darlington was originally from the UK but was living in Germany and on a visit to Israel.
Nathanel Young
Image: Nathanel Young
Twenty-year-old Nathanel Young “helped save lives” before he was killed by Hamas militants, his brother Eliot told Sky News.
Corporal Young, from London, was serving as a soldier in the 13th Battalion of the Israeli Defence Forces.
Mr Young explained why his brother wanted to serve: “He always had strong Jewish pride. From a young age he has always wanted to play an important role in defending his country – it’s something he talked about a lot.”
He was a “happy, fun-loving, caring person”, he added.
“All that loving and caring that he had was definitely at its height on the day that he died.”
Corporal Young’s family said in a tribute: “Nathanel was full of life and the life of the party – he carried the nickname DJ on base and at Benji’s house, the lone soldier house that he lived at.
“He loved his family and friends and was loved by everyone. He loved music and was a talented DJ.
“Always willing to go to any lengths for his loved ones. An amazing uncle and brother. He was so happy and thriving in Israel. He loved the country.”
Corporal Young was a former pupil at JFS Jewish School in north London, a Jewish mixed comprehensive in Kenton.
According to local media, mourners at Corporal Young’s funeral in Jerusalem had to seek shelter after rockets were fired from Gaza.
Jake Marlowe
Image: Jake Marlowe. Pic: Facebook
Jake Marlowe, 26, also studied at JFS and was working as a security guard at the Supernova music festival in Israel when it was attacked by Hamas militants.
His parents, Lisa and Michael Marlowe, said: “We are heartbroken to have to inform you the crushing news that our son Jake has been confirmed dead in southern Israel.”
They also said repatriation plans were being put in place, adding: “Please respect our privacy at this most devastating time.”
Bernard Cowan
Image: Bernard Cowan
The family of Bernard Cowan, who was originally from Glasgow, said: “We are grieving the loss of our son and brother, who was horrifically murdered on Saturday during the surprise terrorist attack on Israel by Hamas.
“We ask for privacy at this time while we process this huge loss to our family, both at home and in Israel, and to the Jewish community in Glasgow where he will be sorely missed.”
The IDF has admitted to mistakenly identifying a convoy of aid workers as a threat – following the emergence of a video which proved their ambulances were clearly marked when Israeli troops opened fire on them.
The bodies of 15 aid workers – including eight medics working for the Palestine Red Crescent Society (PRCS) – were found in a “mass grave” after the incident, according to the head of the UN Office for Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs Jonathan Whittall.
The Israeli military originally claimed an investigation found the vehicles did not have any headlights or emergency signals and were therefore targeted as they looked “suspicious”.
But video footage obtained by the PRCS, and verified by Sky News, showed the ambulances and a fire vehicle clearly marked with flashing red lights.
In a briefing from the IDF, they said the ambulances arrived in the Tel Sultan neighbourhood in Rafah shortly after a Hamas police vehicle drove through.
Image: Palestinians mourning the medics after their bodies were recovered. Pic: Reuters
An IDF surveillance aircraft was watching the movement of the ambulances and notified troops on the ground. The IDF said it will not be releasing that footage.
When the ambulances arrived, the soldiers opened fire, thinking the medics were a threat, according to the IDF.
The soldiers were surprised by the convoy stopping on the road and several people getting out quickly and running, the IDF claimed, adding the soldiers were unaware the suspects were in fact unarmed medics.
An Israeli military official would not say how far away troops were when they fired on the vehicles.
The IDF acknowledged that its statement claiming that the ambulances had their lights off was incorrect, and was based on the testimony from the soldiers in the incident.
The newly emerged video footage showed that the ambulances were clearly identifiable and had their lights on, the IDF said.
The IDF added that there will be a re-investigation to look into this discrepancy.
Image: The clip is filmed through a vehicle windscreen – with three red light vehicles visible in front
Addressing the fact the aid workers’ bodies were buried in a mass grave, the IDF said in its briefing this is an approved and regular practice to prevent wild dogs and other animals from eating the corpses.
The IDF could not explain why the ambulances were also buried.
The IDF said six of the 15 people killed were linked to Hamas, but revealed no detail to support the claim.
Please use Chrome browser for a more accessible video player
1:22
Bodies of aid workers found in Gaza
The newly emerged footage of the incident was discovered on a phone belonging to one of the workers who was killed, PRCS president Dr Younis Al Khatib said.
“His phone was found with his body and he recorded the whole event,” he said. “His last words before being shot, ‘Forgive me, mom. I just wanted to help people. I wanted to save lives’.”
Sky News used an aftermath video and satellite imagery to verify the location and timing of the newly emerged footage of the incident.
Please use Chrome browser for a more accessible video player
2:43
Aid worker attacks increasing
It was filmed on 23 March north of Rafah and shows a convoy of marked ambulances and a fire-fighting vehicle travelling south along a road towards the city centre. All the vehicles visible in the convoy have their flashing lights on.
The footage was filmed early in the morning, with a satellite image seen by Sky News taken at 9.48am local time on the same day showing a group of vehicles bunched together off the road.
Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy has hit out at the US over its “weak” response to lethal Russian attacks on his hometown on Friday.
President Zelenskyy posted a lengthy and emotional statement on X about Russia’s strikes on Kryvyi Rih, which killed 19 people.
Meanwhile Ukrainian drones hit an explosives factory in Russia’s Samara region in an overnight strike, a member of Ukraine’s SBU security service told Reuters.
In his post, President Zelenskyy accused the United States of being “afraid” to name-check Russia in its comment on the attack.
“Unfortunately, the reaction of the American Embassy is unpleasantly surprising: such a strong country, such a strong people – and such a weak reaction,” he wrote on X.
“They are even afraid to say the word “Russian” when talking about the missile that killed children.”
America’s ambassador to Ukraine Bridget Brink had written on X: “Horrified that tonight a ballistic missile struck near a playground and restaurant in Kryvyi Rih.
“More than 50 people injured and 16 killed, including 6 children. This is why the war must end.”
Please use Chrome browser for a more accessible video player
5:49
Strike on Zelenskyy’s home city
President Zelenskyy went on in his post to say: “Yes, the war must end. But in order to end it, we must not be afraid to call a spade a spade.
“We must not be afraid to put pressure on the only one who continues this war and ignores all the world’s proposals to end it. We must put pressure on Russia, which chooses to kill children instead of a ceasefire.”
Grandmother ‘burned to death in her home’
Oleksandr Vilkul, head of the city’s defense council, said the missile attack, followed by a drone attack, had killed 19 people, including nine children.
“The Iskander-M missile strike with cluster munitions at the children’s playground in the residential area, to make the shrapnel fly further apart, killed 18 people.
“One grandmother was burnt to death in her house after Shahed’s direct hit.”
Russia’s defence ministry said it had struck a military gathering in a restaurant – an assertion rebutted by the Ukrainian military as misinformation.
“The missile hit right on the street – around ordinary houses, a playground, shops, a restaurant,” President Zelenskyy wrote.
Mr Zelenskyy also detailed the child victims of the attack including “Konstantin, who will be 16 forever” and “Arina, who will also be 7 forever”.
The UK’s chief of the defence staff Sir Tony Radakin said he had met the Ukrainian leader on Friday, along with French armed forces leader General Thierry Burkhard.
“Britain and France are coming together & Europe is stepping up in a way that is real & substantial, with 200 planners from 30 nations working to strengthen Ukraine’s long term security,” Sir Tony wrote.
Global financial markets gave a clear vote of no-confidence in President Trump’s economic policy.
The damage it will do is obvious: costs for companies will rise, hitting their earnings.
The consequences will ripple throughout the global economy, with economists now raising their expectations for a recession, not only in the US, but across the world.