On Wednesday morning, after many said they had not received confirmation of their ballot entries, Oasis issued another statement reassuring those hoping to get tickets.
“We are aware that many of you are still waiting on a confirmation email. Rest assured they are on their way, as we process an unprecedented volume of entries,” the band said. Everyone who has filled out the ballot form by 7pm UK time on Wednesday will receive a confirmation of entry, they added.
To try and prevent touts spoiling the fun, there are some questions to try and ensure the pre-sale tickets only go to true Oasisfans.
“Hate touts? Please help us keep this fair and fan-focused by answering the following series of questions,” the pre-sale ballot says.
Image: This photo of Liam and Noel Gallagher, their first taken together in decades, was released to mark the reunion announcement. Pic: Simon Emmett
Those signing up are being asked how many times they have seen the band live, as well as a bit of trivia: Who was the drummer in the initial Oasis line-up?
It’s multiple choice, with fans given the option of either Chris Sharrock, Tony McCarroll, or Alan White – and the answer has to be right to qualify.
Most Oasis fans will know the answers – and anyone who does not has gone straight to Google.
McCarroll was Oasis’s original drummer. In fact, he was in the band even before Noel Gallagher – before Oasis, they were called the Rain, and the group was founded by Liam Gallagher, along with McCarroll, Paul “Bonehead” Arthurs and Paul “Guigsy” McGuigan.
So far, it has only been confirmed that Liam and Noel will reunite, with no details yet of the musicians who will join them on stage.
The band went through numerous incarnations over the years, with various drummers. White was Oasis’s longest-serving drummer, from 1995 to 2004, replacing McCarroll after he was dropped following the release of Definitely Maybe.
Follow Sky News on WhatsApp
Keep up with all the latest news from the UK and around the world by following Sky News
Sharrock, who was in the band from 2008-09, and has joined both the Gallagher brothers in their respective solo projects, seems the most likely presence to join the reunion tour to play drums.
There was also Zak Starkey, who does not feature as a multiple-choice answer for the pre-sale. Starkey was The Who’s drummer and also the son of Beatles drummer Ringo Starr. He performed with Oasis from 2004 until 2008.
After McCarroll left the band, he sued Oasis for loss of earnings and accepted an out-of-court settlement in 1999.
He had been asking for millions of pounds for his work on Definitely Maybe and Some Might Say, the first single from the second album (What’s the Story) Morning Glory?
In the years since, he has remained largely out of the public eye, although did release an autobiography, The Truth: My Life As Oasis’s Drummer, in 2010.
In 2021, he revealed he had suffered a heart attack but was recovering, thanking the NHS for his treatment. “We are more than fortunate to have such a service!” he wrote on X, which was Twitter at the time.
He has not commented publicly on the reunion announcement.
Labour MP Dan Norris has been arrested on suspicion of rape and child sex offences.
A Labour Party spokesperson said: “Dan Norris MP was immediately suspended by the Labour Party upon being informed of his arrest.
“We cannot comment further while the police investigation is ongoing.”
Police said a man in his 60s had been arrested on Friday on suspicion of sexual offences against a girl, rape, child abduction and misconduct in a public office.
Sky News has contacted Mr Norris for comment.
Mr Norris, 65, defeated Jacob Rees-Mogg to win the new seat of North East Somerset and Hanham in last year’s general election.
He has also lost the party whip in the House of Commons and has stepped down from his role as chair of the League Against Cruel Sports.
Avon and Somerset Police said in a statement: “In December 2024, we received a referral from another police force relating to alleged non-recent child sex offences having been committed against a girl.
“Most of the offences are alleged to have occurred in the 2000s, but we’re also investigating an alleged offence of rape from the 2020s.
“An investigation, led by officers within Operation Bluestone, our dedicated rape and serious sexual assault investigation team, remains ongoing and at an early stage.
“The victim is being supported and given access to any specialist help or support she needs.
“A man, aged in his 60s, was arrested on Friday (April 4) on suspicion of sexual offences against a girl (under the Sexual Offences Act 1956), rape (under the Sexual Offences Act 2003), child abduction and misconduct in a public office. He’s been released on conditional bail for enquiries to continue.
“This is an active and sensitive investigation, so we’d respectfully ask people not to speculate on the circumstances so our enquiries can continue unhindered.”
Mr Norris first entered Parliament when Tony Blair came to power in 1997 and served as the Wansdyke MP until 2010.
He was an assistant whip under Mr Blair and served as a junior minister under Gordon Brown.
Mr Norris has also been West of England mayor since 2021 but is due to step down ahead of May’s local elections.
A spokesman for the League Against Cruel Sports, a UK-based animal welfare charity which campaigns to end sports such as fox hunting and game bird shooting, confirmed he had stepped down from his role.
“The charity cannot comment further while an investigation is ongoing,” a statement said.
Jaguar Land Rover (JLR) has said it will “pause” shipments to the US as the British car firm works to “address the new trading terms” of Donald Trump’s tariffs.
The US president has introduced a 25% levy on all foreign cars imported into the country, which came into force on Thursday.
JLR, one of the country’s biggest carmakers, exported about 38,000 cars to the US in the third quarter of 2024 – almost equal to the amount sold to the UK and the EU combined.
In a statement on Saturday, a spokesperson for the company behind the Jaguar, Land Rover and Range Rover brands said: “The USA is an important market for JLR’s luxury brands.
“As we work to address the new trading terms with our business partners, we are taking some short-term actions including a shipment pause in April, as we develop our mid- to longer-term plans.”
The company released a statement last week before Mr Trump announced a “baseline” 10% tariff on goods from around the world, which kicked in on Saturday morning, on what he called “liberation day”.
More on Donald Trump
Related Topics:
JLR reassured customers its business was “resilient” and “accustomed to changing market conditions”.
“Our priorities now are delivering for our clients around the world and addressing these new US trading terms,” the firm said.
Trading across the world has been hit by Mr Trump’s tariff announcement at the White House on Wednesday.
All but one stock on the FTSE 100 fell on Friday – with Rolls-Royce, banks and miners among those to suffer the sharpest losses.
Cars are the top product exported from the UK to the US, with exports worth £8.3bn in the year to the end of September 2024, according to data from the Office for National Statistics.
For UK carmakers, the US is the second largest export market behind the European Union.
Industry groups have previously warned the tariffs will force firms to rethink where they trade, while a report by thinktank the Institute for Public Policy Research said more than 25,000 car manufacturing jobs in the UK could be at risk.
Two people have died following a fire at a caravan site near Skegness, Lincolnshire Police have said.
In a statement, officers said they were called at 3.53am on Saturday to a report of a blaze at Golden Beach Holiday Park in the village of Ingoldmells.
Fire and rescue crews attended the scene, and two people were found to have died.
They were reported to be a 10-year-old girl and a 48-year-old man.
The force said the victims’ next of kin have been informed and will be supported by specially trained officers.
Officers are trying to establish the exact cause of the blaze.
“We are at the very early stages of our investigation and as such we are keeping an open mind,” the force said.